Thornton, CO

4 1/2 days of watery stools that are yellow and consist of bile. symptoms are headache, mild neck pain, aches, chills, and lightheadedness. ?

Dr. Ivelisse Rivera-Godreau
Seems..: This could be related to a viral syndrome, however, if symptoms are severe or persist for a week then it is time to be seen. In the meantime make sure you stay hydrated(drink plenty of fluids), rest and may use OTC Imodium (loperamide) for diarrhea. If you feel very sick please go to the ED now.
Dr. Tony Willson
Gastroenteritis: You should be seen given longevity of diarrhea. Dehydration is a big risk especially given you live in CO.
Dr. Jane Lykins
Could be viral,: but it could be due to other infections or bowel conditions, too. Make sure to stay hydrated with dilute sports drinks or juices, or Pedialyte. Eat a gentle diet ("BRAT diet: Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, Toast). And if it is not clearing up in another few days, see a doctor for further evaluation.