U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 71-year-old male asked:

How to treat corns,callous on the side and under foot. is there a differencdifference?

3 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Thomas Inwood
Podiatry 36 years experience
Corns: The care for corns and callouses is both common and individualized . See you podiatrist for an evaluation as to the cause of the corn(s) and callouses as well as a treatment plan .
Dr. Kevin Jefferson
Podiatry 26 years experience
Corns & Callouses: The treatment of corns and callouses, no matter where they are on the foot, consists of trimming the lesions and reducing pressure and friction. This is done with various pads and insoles. Getting a larger, wider shoe may be necessary. Orthotics are used for the bottom of the feet as well. Moisturizing creams/lotion reduce dryness and friction. Surgery is done if all else fails.
Dr. Ahmad Ibrahim
Urgent Care 20 years experience
Try: Pumice stone, soaking in water and corn/callus pads with soft shoes. Good luck

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Related questions

A 30-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
A 47-year-old member asked:
3 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
A 30-year-old member asked:
3 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
A 40-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
A 31-year-old female asked:
3 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Last updated Aug 1, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.