i have iih. leaning forward when liquid suddenly came from right nostril. the back/right side of head and ear hurts. can't breath through r. nostril.

Dr. Lois Freisleben-Cook
40 years experience Pediatrics
Unsure: what caused the liquid you describe. Have you been told you have an encephalocele in addition to IIH? If not, it does not seem plausible for the liquid to be CSF. You may have a sinus infection, ear infection and or mastoiditis causing your pain. While it is probably unrelated to IIH, you should be checked as mastoid pain suggests a more serious infection. (back right side of head).
Answered on Dec 16, 2014