if you feel like you have to pee, but nothing comes out, what can be the problem?

Dr. Ankush Bansal
See your doctor: If this is a frequent occurrence, there can be a number of causes. If there is blood in the urine and you have pain when urinating, this could be a kidney stone. For men, an enlarged prostate can be the culprit. Usually an infection causes increased urination but difficulty urinating can still be a symptom. In all cases, you should see a doctor for a thorough evaluation.
Dr. James Krick
Urology 36 years experience
Urgency: Urinary urgency has many potential causes. The first step is to rule out cystitis (female) or prostatitis (male). See a physician and have a urinalysis and urine culture. Also, avoid known bladder irritants like caffeine and alcohol.