Aurora, CO
A 24-year-old female asked about a 24-year-old female:

So i have an issue. some of the back teeth in my lower jaw on the left side hurts if i chew down on food or if i brush my tongue on it. it happens for a day, stops for a few weeks, then picks back up. it's not a sharp pain, more like a dull pinching pain.

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
Internet Dx: You're asking for an internet diagnosis... almost impossible without more info, such as the condition of the teeth, their bone support, etc. No need to guess... see a local dentist for an exam and treatment.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Probably: Probably infected tooth/abscess. Could also be gum infection, fracture, broken filling, grinding or clenching, etc. please see your Dentist before your chronic problem becomes acute/difficult/expensive. Don't wait for a tooth to blow, in the middle of the night, on a long holiday weekend. Call now.
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 36 years experience
See your dentist: for evaluation and treatment. The periodontal abscess is an infection in the supporting gum and bone. The scaling and root planing may prevent a recurrence of the infection. Take care.

Last updated Jun 12, 2015