Last night I felt something in my eye but found nothing I woke up and couldn't open it/ bloodshot and ached and after all day it still is bloodshot?

Dr. Richard Bensinger
51 years experience in Ophthalmology
Hemorrhage: These are typical symptoms of bleeding under the conjunctiva and over the white of the eye (subconjunctival hemorrhage). As long as there is no pain, no vision change and no discharge, then that is the probable diagnosis. These are benign, will take 3-10 days to absorb and could get bigger over several days as the blood spreads. See an ophthalmologist if this does not fit the pattern.
Answered on Dec 10, 2014
1