During chemo can i eat a green salad? i'm sure my white blood count is up my last round was 3 weeks ago.

Dr. Myron Arlen
Surgical Oncology 65 years experience
Yes: The problem with eating after chemo is unrelated to a specific diet. Chemo can effect the GI tract producing nausea so that any oral intake can cause discomfort even to the point of vomiting . Many medications are available to prevent such problems but again this is unrelated to diet and if you have no symptoms after treatment you should be able to injest a green salad without difficulty
Dr. Sewa Legha
Medical Oncology 51 years experience
Yes you may!: Eating salad is fine as long as it is fresh and clean. But salad is of course at more risk for contamnation...this applies to all folks eating salad, regardless of their blood counts

Last updated Jul 27, 2018