A member asked:

I need life expectancy for liver cirrhosis. he has hep c with an enlarged liver and fluid around it.

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Andrew Seibert answered

Specializes in Gastroenterology

With the approval of the latest round of hep C medicines, hep C has become a potentially treatable illness, sometimes even in the face of known cirrhosis. He needs to see a good hepatologist ASAP. In the meantime, no alcohol, tylenol, (acetaminophen) or shellfish. Good luck.

Answered Jan 2, 2015



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content

Related Questions

A member asked:

How bad is cirrhosis of the liver from hep c? Should I be angry at ex?

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor