possible to feel your epiglottis of you stick your finger down your throat. just curious.

3 doctor answers
Dr. Nabila Babar
Specializes in Internal Medicine
Dont: think so. it is quite lower down and your gag reflex will prevent you from going down that deep
Answered on Sep 16, 2020
2
Dr. Craig Anderson
Specializes in ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Yes possible: Some people have an epiglottis that sticks up fairly high and can even be seen by looking at the back of the throat; for most that's not possible, but if someone wasn't a gagger, he/she could conceivably reach a curved finger down far enough to feel the tip of it; would likely make you throw up.
Answered on Jul 15, 2018
1
43 years experience Pathology
Of course: If gagging doesn't stop you, most folks can actually pinch it between thumb and index finger. There's no reason to do so. I'm glad you found it.
Answered on May 25, 2017