Lutz, FL

my boyfriend was on salvadi and ribavirin for hep c and 1 month after he finished treatment i got pregnant. what do i need to know about side effects?

Dr. Leila Hashemi
Clarify: Hi, I'm a little confused here, if your BF takes the medication then you and your fetus are safe and not facing any complications or side effects of the Antiviral medications, Hopefully now that the BF is on Antiviral his viral load is low and you are not infected.
Dr. Erik Voogd
Pain Management 20 years experience
None,that we know of: The truth is we have no idea what effect it may have had on his sperm. But we do know that on average it takes sperm 105 or so days to come to maturity. That said, any sperm that would have gotten you pregnant were exposed to those drugs during their development.
Dr. Natalie Sieb
No effect: His medications should not have affected your pregnancy since you were not the one ingesting the medications or putting them into your system. His sperm should not have been affected genetically by the medications and they would have been much smaller amounts at time of conception anyways.Unless you were taking them, you shouldn't need to worry about side effects on you or the baby.