U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Decatur, IL
A 23-year-old male asked:

I've had lightheadedness and a buzzing feeling in body for about two years but doctors tell me i'm fine need help scares me ?

4 doctor answers11 doctors weighed in
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 36 years experience
In your case : is a sign of anxiety, and one that can cause a great deal of distress. Depending on the cause of your anxiety symptoms, your health care provider can recommend appropriate treatment. See your PCP for evaluation and possible referral.
Dr. Victor Bonuel
Internal Medicine 38 years experience
If all the tests are: normal or negative, most likely your symptoms are psychological in nature (anxiety) or a sign of hypochondriasis. You just need more reassurance that nothing is serious in your body. Seeing a Psychiatrist may help you overcome your condition. You may need to lighten up and engage in sports activities or meditation exercises.God bless you!
Dr. David Brouwer
Internal Medicine 30 years experience
Lightheaded: Without knowing what kind of evaluations you have gone through, I would recommend seeing your primary care doctor to make sure all of the necessary tests have been accomplished. Most young adults with these symptoms do not have a serious disease, and if it was something serious it likely would have become more evident now after 2 years.
Dr. Emanuel Winocur
Psychiatry 67 years experience
Be concern no scare: Make sure that your physical examination is negative, There is no doubt that anxiety or fear make create your symptoms.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Nov 30, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.