New York, NY

muscle or smtg spasm in upper right abdomen behind rib. no pain, comes and goes. good blood test. what can it be?

Dr. Ahmad Ibrahim
Urgent Care 19 years experience
? Gallbladder: Right upper abdominal pain behind the rib pain could be a gallstone/liver problem. It could also be lung, heart related depending on history and exam. Best to see your doctor for more answers.
Dr. Daniel Ziegler
Emergency Medicine 30 years experience
Gallbladder?: don't know what smtg means-the only structure capable of a spasm in that location is the gallbladder. Gallbladders contract typically 1-1/2 to 2 hours after eating anything that contains fat because that's when your stomach delivers digested food to the duodenum. The presence of fat signals the GB to contract to add bile to break down fats. If blocked by a stone pain into back and vomiting occur.