Pawtucket, Rhode Island

front part of head hurts on my scalp above my forehead? it feels like when you wear a ponytail for a while and take it out and your head hurts

Dr. John Munshower
Headache: You may have a head ache or even an underlying sinus infection. If this persists, then see the Dr. for an examination and any needed treatment. Good luck to you.
Dr. Cynthia Archer
Allodynia: Is the name for the symptom you describe. Scalp pain that hurts when the scalp is touched and especially when hair is moved or pulled on. This can be a symptom that precedes migraine, as a prodrome. It can also occur during migraine or after as a postdrome. If you have moderate to severe headaches that interfere with your life you may have migraine. Discuss with your doctor. Migraine is treatable

Last updated Nov 12, 2014