U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 34-year-old member asked:

Hypercoagulability - thick blood tests?

1 doctor answer5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Ed Friedlander
Pathology 46 years experience
A variety: Especially if you have had a blood clot form in a peripheral vein, or lost an unborn child, your physician may wish to screen you for a variety of known, fairly common genetic mutations and an autoantibody group that make the blood clot somewhat more easily than normal. The information's good to have though there's uncertainty about how to treat most of these folks. Good luck.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 42-year-old member asked:
What should I know about hypercoagulability?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 33-year-old male asked:
What is the definition or description of: Hypercoagulability?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 43-year-old member asked:
What are the symptoms of hypercoagulability?
1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Last updated Aug 6, 2012
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$44 video appointments with $19/month membership*
*Billed $57 every 3 months. Cancel anytime.


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.