Nashville, TN

I have had a whitehead directly on my bottom lip in the same spot 3 times. goes away after popping. just sore the next day. is it due to chapped lips?

Dr. Edwin Ishoo
Lip Eruption: You are describing a single vesicular (cystic) eruption repeatedly on the same spot on your lip which becomes sore. I am suspicious that this is an HSV infection, not a comedone or acne and either way is not related to chapped lips. You may need to talk to your doctor to confirm since we have no pictures to look at. Acne only occurs where there is a pilocebaceous gland or hair not on lips.

Last updated Nov 5, 2014