my arm gets num and cold has happened for 2days what is this mean ?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Christopher Balgobin
Arm numbness: This could be related to herniated disk in your neck. I recommend you get seen for this.
Answered on Nov 1, 2014
Dr. Lisa Rankin
24 years experience ADHD and Autism
Need more info: There are several reasons that could be happening but requires thorough history and physical exam and possibly labs and imaging. If you have had any type of injury to that arm/ shoulder no matter how minor it could be related. A disc in the neck that is pinching nerves could also be cause. Start with your primary and they order tests and referrals as needed.
Answered on Nov 14, 2014
1