AU

i hav acne on my cheeks & chin. i hav normal to dry skin n the pimple is 80% underneath the skin than its above n painful. also leaves permanent spots?

Dr. Susan Madonna
Acne: your deep acne pimples may or may not leave permanent scars. It depends on your skin type and whether or not you tend to keloid. Trying to pop a deep pimple is more likely to leave a scar. If you have this problem frequently, you would benefit from a visit with a dermatologist who can prescribe preventive and spot treatments.
Dr. Donald Colantino
Dermatologist: I believe that a dermatologist is best qualified to treat problematic acne cases. Try to get good advice and treatment in order to minimize facial scarring.

Last updated Sep 29, 2016