may have a compressed/fractured growth plate in my foot. i don't think it's severe but it throbs and i have a ton of pain.would i get a boot or a cast?

Dr. Jason Armstrong
22 years experience Podiatry
Fracture: Either. Fractures are best treated with some type of immobilization. The problem with a boot is it can be removed. They are nice as they can be removed for sleep, bathing, etc. if the pain is not controlled with the cast boot, then moving to a fiberglass cast or plaster cast would be the next option. See your orthopedic dr or podiatrist.
Answered on Jun 5, 2015
2