U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 40-year-old member asked:

I had av node re-entry for 20 years. will adenocard (adenosine) help?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. John Garner
Cardiology 17 years experience
Absolutely... : For about 6 seconds. Adenosine will terminate an episode of avnrt pretty reliably, but the drug only lasts a few seconds and the avnrt is free to start again afterward. Oh, and it's only available IV and should, for best effect, be given through a central line. What you really need is an electrophysiologist to ablate that for you and you can put it out of your head thereafter. Upenn is excellent.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Volkan Tuzcu
Pediatric Cardiology 32 years experience
Av node reentry: best to have ablation if you are having av node reentry tachycardia-i recommend cryoablation which is something i do very frequently ...
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 41-year-old member asked:
Why would you have an adenosine/cardiolite stress test done?
2 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
A 33-year-old member asked:
When will you use lidocaine versus adenosine?
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 22-year-old female asked:
Is adenosine useful in converting some types of VT?
2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
A 37-year-old member asked:
Does adenosine monophosphate work for shingles ?
2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
A 16-year-old member asked:
What is the sestamibi stress test with adenosine?
2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Last updated Oct 4, 2016
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.