Canada

I am having an early miscarriage & the blood is bright red. a normal cycle is 2 days. i have been bleeding for 4 days & am anemic. reason for worry?

Dr. John Berryman
Miscarriage: Bleeding is normal with miscarriages, of course, but this assumes that the pregnancy was in the womb, not outside the womb. You should have an ultrasound and a quatitative HCG to make certain. Miscarriages at more than six weeks of pregnancy may require a brief minor surgical procedure to remove tissue. See your healthcare provider for advice and treatment.
Dr. William Schmidt
55 years experience
Not yet: What I need for you to do is to lie down for a while. If the bleeding continues I want you to call your doctor. If no response I think if the bleeding does not stop by lying down and your doctor doesn't answer then go to the ER. Let them know how many pads or tampons you are going through

Last updated Jun 9, 2017