is it ok to take iron supplements at night?

Dr. Creighton Wright
General Surgery 56 years experience
Yes: but may wish to do in morning when up and about and eating since the pills can be irritating

Is it normal for my baby to eat more at night than during the day?

Dr. Irwin Berkowitz
Specializes in Pediatrics
Yes: Some babies, particularly those who were more active in the womb at night may have their circadian rhythm reversed and will be more active and hungry at night. As the baby becomes more interactive with the environment this usually changes. If this pattern is persistent i recommend the parents move to a more appropriate time zone(just kidding!).

How do I know if my baby has an iron deficiency?

Dr. Julia Sundel
Blood test: Your baby can look pale, feel tired, sleep more than usual and/or have a decreased appetite. Often times, a baby won't have any symptoms and the deficiency will be picked up via screening labs.

How will an iron deficiency affect my baby?

Dr. Scott Katz
Many symptoms: Anemia, or low iron, can cause your infant to be pale, irritable, more tired than normal, weak or have rapid heart rate or fast breathing. It can usually be prevented with a proper diet, which in a breast fed infant means using a multi-vitamin with iron daily. Formula fed infants should only receive iron fortified formula. Pediatricians test for anemia between 9-12 months, and if concerns arise.
NY

Please tell me what it is I can do to raise my hemagloblin, other than taking iron tablets?

Dr. Claude Parola
Find the cause: Low hemoglobin is not always due to iron deficiency, your doctor has to find the cause of the low hemoglobin and treat it if possible.
Canada

My baby seem to forget breathing at night, is it normal?

Dr. Prakash Bhoopalam
Probably!: Most babies pause breathing for 15 to 20 seconds in the first few months of life. If the breathing resumes spontaneously and there is no change in color it s usually normal. Make sure you take him to his doctor for a ceck up.