are the symptoms of prolonged labor indicative of a condition or disease?

Dr. Nasiruddin Mansury
Neonatology 17 years experience
Prolonged labor: Commonest reason is the malposition os the fetus, cephalopelvic dispriportion.
Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Maternal-Fetal Medicine 26 years experience
Sometimes.: Prolonged labors are increasingly common nowadays, as more women postpone childbearing until their late thirties or even forties, by which time their weight for height is typically increased. Prolonged labor is frequently a harbinger of cephalopelvic disproportion (from fibroids, macrocephalky, malpresentation, macrosomia, obesity) and cesarean section.