U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 43-year-old member asked:

I have a cramping/pulsing feeling that hurts in upper abdomen?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Charles Cattano
Gastroenterology 40 years experience
Need evaluation: Anatomically, the upper abdomen includes: spleen, pancreas, stomach, descending duodenum, mid colon & flexures, associated vessels & aorta, liver, gallbladder, biliary tree. Don't forget the diaphragm, heart, & lower chest are pretty close by. Many of these organs & areas "refer" pain to the back. An exam is appropriate for clarity of diagnosis & treatment--please see your doctor next.
Last updated Jun 20, 2012


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.