Fort Wayne, IN

I woke up this morning with a sore throat my voice was hoarse and it hurts to swallow and i have a head ache and body aches. what could it be?

Dr. Ivelisse Rivera-Godreau
Most likely..: An upper respiratory tract infection which most of the time it is caused by a virus and resolves by 7-10 days. If persistent and severe symptoms and fever could be strep throat which might need antibiotic treatment. Try to rest and drink plenty of fluids but if symptoms persist or severe get seen by a provider in order to get a formal exam and treatment.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 1, 2015