U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 49-year-old member asked:

What should i do if my private area itches?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Alvin Lin
Geriatrics 31 years experience
Itch: If your private area itches, see your Family Doc, as there are many causes and we need to make diagnosis before discussing treatment options. If you're female, have white cottage cheese-like vaginal discharge & just recently finished course of antibiotics (often for urinary tract infection), perhaps you have yeast infection which can be treated w/OTC options. Or could be jock itch or bug bites ...

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Apr 15, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.