Are there any choices in thyroid cancer treatment?

Dr. Vasu Brown
Integrative Medicine 34 years experience
Yes: Nutrition improves healing of ulcer - protein supplementation esp arginine, citrulline helps in addition give zinc, vit c, multivitamin, vitamin k2.
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Vasu Brown commented
Provided original answer
i apologize this answer is for the next question - thyoid cancer both surgical and radioactive iodin
Oct 10, 2011
Dr. Thomas Knecht
A Verified Doctor commented
A US doctor answered Learn more
Whew! Thank you, Dr. Brown! You had me worried for a moment there! This happened with one of your other questions too. ;-)
Dec 9, 2014
Dr. Patrick Melder
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 27 years experience
Two basic: The primary treatment for thyroid cancer (papillary and follicular) is surgical resection, either hemithyroidectomy or total thyroidectomy. Depending on the size of the tumor, radioactive iodine treatment (i131) may be indicated.