Londonderry, NH

I'm taking percocet for surgery i had i'm on no other medicine but the problem is i can't sleep when i take it can i take something to help me sleep like benadryl (diphenhydramine)?

Dr. Jan Lei Iwata
Ophthalmology 26 years experience
Call UR surgeon 1st: If surgery wasn't in the picture this would be different, but your surgeon manages all aspects of your care, and will probably agree with you, but you MUST run it past her/him first, so they can document that they agree with your plan. Always better to be safe than sorry, and the more communication made between you and your doctor, the better the outcome! Better peace of mind too.
Dr. Olakitan Akinjagunla
Specializes in Internal Medicine
No: Do not combine any other medications with your prescribed medication without talking to your doctor first. Percocet actually should make you sleepy but if it does the opposite,your doctor will be able to advice you on what is needed to help you sleep

Last updated Jun 3, 2016