How long does it take to walk a 5k?

Dr. David Satloff
Pain Management 40 years experience
About one hour: most walk 20 minute mile, so it should talk about 60 minutes to walk 5K
Dr. Olakitan Akinjagunla
Specializes in Internal Medicine
It varies: It depends on your level of fitness. Set up a program for yourself weeks before the walk and start slowly. You increase the speed and distance as you go. Your level of fitness improves with increased practice. All the best
Dr. Robert Sterling
On How Many Legs???: Depends on your age,conditioning and how much you want to exert yourself. But let's say you are younger than 45 and just want to walk at the average 5 feet per second. So that times 60 seconds per minute then times 60 minutes per hour or18,000 feet per hour and there's 5,280 feet in a mile so that's 3.4 miles an hour,which is 5.5K per hour (3.4X1.6). So, it would take 5/5.5=0.9 hour, or 54 minutes