U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 35-year-old female asked:

I have kidney stones i haven't been able to pass them drinking lots of water and cranberry juice is there any other way to get rid of them?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Varun Verma
Internal Medicine 15 years experience
Likely no: Is this an old problem ie. known in your medical history, or are you having acute flank pain/blood in your urine/ difficulty urinating / fevers right now? If the latter, go and see a urologist- you may need a lithotripsy (shock waves to break up stones in the kidney) or other procedure.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. James Lin
A Verified Doctoranswered
Urology 53 years experience
Here are some ...: The most deciding factor for stone passage is stone size. Generally speaking, a stone of 4 mm. So, ask Doc timely to decide when, what, and how to wait and manage a symptomatic stone.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 26, 2018
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.