India

7 months preg. i dont want to take nutrition tablets. instead what foods should i take for healthy pregnancy and delivery?

Dr. Khayriyyah Chandler
Iron, folic acid: Foods that are high in folic acid, iron, and calcium to start are good. NUTS have great minerals. Focus on fruits, vegetables and vary them. I like to say eat your colors of the rainbow. Think broad. Great resources include the CDC and mypyramid.gov for basic food nutrition. Good luck and rest up!
Folic Acid, Iron &: Calcium. Get in healthy proteins like red & black beans, chickpeas, fish (low mercury), poultry (75 to 100 gm of protein/ day). Calcium (1, 000 mg per day) with tofu, almonds, dairy products or eggs. Iron (27mg/day) from whole grains & green leafy veggies. Folic acid (600 to 800 mg/day with foods like melon, spinach, tomatoes, strawberries & turnips.