what are the symptoms of a stomach ulcer and what can be taken to cure it?

Dr. Charles Cattano
Gastroenterology 39 years experience
Not always painful: Not always painful.Ulcers may not hurt if they are due to ongoing use of nsaid's that patients take for their "pain killer" property. Sometimes ulcers in the elderly are without any warning symptoms until they bleed, obstruct, perforate. If you think you have an ulcer, seek medical evaluation but also consider starting at least an over-the-counter acid blocker like Prilosec otc, Prevacid (lansoprazole) 24hr.