A male asked:

I have been smoking crack cocaine since 9:30am today and at 3:30pm I have a dental appointment where I will be put under local anesthesia. My Risks?

Dr. Marvin Ott
19 years experience in Emergency Medicine
Tell your dentist: because they might want to avoid local anesthetic with epinepherine, as the combination could cause a dangerous rise in heart rate. The bigger issue at hand is the fact that you're smoking crack in the first place. Please seek treatment for your addiction issues. Crack is very dangerous, and if you keep doing it, your health issues will be much worse than local anesthetic.
Answered on Nov 16, 2018
1
Dr. Arnold Malerman
52 years experience in Orthodontics
Crack kills...you won't have to be concerned about dental issues.
Sep 19, 2014