Henderson, NV

I've been craving hot cheetos with chamoy ever since i got pregnant! i'm going crazy, i haven't ate any. but can i ? will it hurt my baby in any way?

Dr. Jeff Livingston
High calories: Cheetos have a lot of calories. If you eat a lot of this type of food during pregnancy then you are likely to gain weight. The hot sauce may give you heartburn. Other than that feel free to enjoy. Cheetos and spicy foods do not cause fetal abnormalities if that is what you are concerned about.
Dr. Linda Callaghan
Addiction Medicine 54 years experience
Cheetos also contains a lot of salt which could cause more water retention and potentially increase your blood pressure.
Sep 15, 2014
Dr. Robert Sterling
46 years experience
Food Fun: No, it won't hurt your baby. It'll just hurt your baby's opinion of your eating habits. Ask yourself if having it will curb the crave for a while or reinforce it, leading to binges. Having some won't kill either of you but a little discipline goes a long way. Like eating well and taking prenatal vitamins, getting the proper sleep and activity.A little food-fun now and then won't hurt either of you

Last updated Apr 12, 2018