U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Elwood, IN
A 18-year-old female asked about a 43-year-old female:

I feel like i have a cut in my throat. any smell or if i try to eat or drink i start to choke... ive been to several doctors they dont know what it is?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Ivelisse Rivera-Godreau
Family Medicine 25 years experience
What tests?: Since I don't know in details what type of specialists you have seen or tests you have had done I will make the recommendation based on what should be done: See a gastroenterologist and get GI tests done. If that has happened already then a ENT specialist would be the other recommendation in order to get you upper respiratory tract checked.
Last updated Aug 11, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.