U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Naples, FL
A 21-year-old female asked:

I've had minor soreness in my belly button for a few days. discharge just started coming out but i don't want to see a dr. anything i can do at home?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology 45 years experience
Wet dressings.: You can try wet dressings, using water with a bit of salt dissolved in it, 2-3 times per day. But if the discharge increases and/or it becomes painful, you really should see a doctor because you may be developing an infection.
Last updated Aug 18, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.