Have seen the doc he say i might have temporal arteritis and put me on prednisone but i feel preasure in eyes and head and my bp is elevated.

9 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Paul Grin answered

Specializes in Pain Management

Second opinion: Temporal arteritis rarely occurs in individuals under age 40. In many cases, seeking a second opinion is not only warranted, but necessary. Unless your disease is life threatening and requires emergency care, it is never a bad idea to seek a second opinion. Getting a second opinion helps you feel more confident about your diagnosis and treatment plan.

Answered 9/4/2014

3.7k views

Temporal arteritis: Early treatment is key to preventing severe problems due to temporal arteritis (blindness, stroke). A temporal artery biopsy should be performed to help with diagnosis. Your BP elevation may be due to the pain. You should go to the ER if the symptoms persist or worsen. In the long-term, see a neurologist for your eye/head pressure. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000448.htm

Answered 9/4/2014

3.7k views

Temporal arteritis: Your symptoms are typical. And a bit worrisome. Prednisone is essential. Dose should be high. Your bp must come down. You need bp meds also. Rest. Do not stress. Eat low salt low fat. See you doc weekly. Check bp daily.

Answered 9/4/2014

3.7k views