Canada

I often get a light head/dizzy feeling when ever taking first few bites of a meal.i'm not dizzy before & it passes within a min.what could cause this?

Dr. Eric Weisman
Neurology 38 years experience
I have no idea.: Perhaps the act of chewing causes a blood flow problem through some "steal" phenomena. Perhaps you hyperventilate when you get the opportunity to eat. Maybe you are waiting until you are hypoglycemic before you decide to eat. Maybe you have lightning fast reactive hypoglycemia that resolves within a few To be on the safe side I'd skip the first few bites. You seem to do fine later on into the meal
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 23, 2016