i clean a lot with bleach.... i tend to isolate myself in the bathroom with the smell of it and other supplies unventilated. is it harmful to me?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Marcelo Laufer
31 years experience Pediatric Infectious Disease
It may: Any chemical in excess can be dangerous. The other issue is: 1. why do you spend so much time cleaning?? 2. why do isolate yourself in the bathroom? It seems to me you might benefit form some counseling. Good luck
Answered on Dec 10, 2015
2
Dr. Forrest Jones
Specializes in Family Medicine
Yes, absolutely!: Chlorine bleach is corrosive and can even damage metals. Its toxic fumes can cause respiratory problems, asthma flares, headaches and vomiting. It is especially hazardous - even deadly - when mixed with ammonia, vinegar or any other acid-type cleaning material. And these fumes are especially dangerous to children.You must get ventilation and limit your exposure when using bleach. Hope that helps.
Answered on Aug 29, 2014
1