My child sniffs a toy stuffed bear all night because of the smell is this safe?

Dr. Tanya Russo
Self soothing: Children often engage in self soothing behaviors such as sniffing toys and blankets, rubbing hair and ears, etc. This is common and usually poses no health risks.
Incomplete data: When you submit a question it is best to include enough data for us to work with.I see no problem with the self soothing bear as long as the kid is over a year of age.Under a year there are suffocation risks associated with any item in the crib, from blankets/pillows or stuffed animals.

Last updated Jun 28, 2016