Pawtucket, RI

My period is now 20 days late. i have taken two tests both came back negative. i had a baby 7 months ago and also stopped breast feeding last month.

Dr. Gregory Gilbert
Emergency Medicine 25 years experience
On birth control?: While it is true you can breast feed and not get pregnant, most of the time it is recommended you be on birth control. So are you? That being said, given that you just stopped breast feeding, there are likely some hormonal changes that are occurring and could be leading to your irregular periods. Schedule an appointment with your gynecologist in the next 1-2 weeks to get checked out.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Lori Semel
Late .: The hormones can be a little confused from the stopping of the breastfeeding. I would go to have a blood beta hcg. If that is negative then things will regulate most likely.
Last updated Sep 29, 2016