how can i tell whether i have the hyper ovulation gene or not? my grandfather was a twin and my mothers twins died before i was born.

Dr. Jane Van Dis
17 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
Not sure: I'm not sure what you are referring to by the term, "hyper ovulation gene". Are you referring to ovarian cancer? See a family doctor or an ob/gyn to discuss your family tree and history to make sure you're not at increased risk of a genetic cancer. Consider re-phrasing the question, as well, when you have a more specific name for the hyper ovulation gene.
Answered on Nov 7, 2014
1
1
Dr. Jane Van Dis
Provided original answer
I see, you are asking if you might have twins. The answer is, yes, the chance for twin gestation can be genetically linked, so if you have family members who have had twins, then your likelihood for twins does increase. No way to tell, however, if you have "the gene". Just increased likelihood
Aug 23, 2014