what are the first noticeable signs, symptoms of dementia?

Dr. Missid Ghanem
Clinical Psychology 25 years experience
See below: Forgetfulness with related confabulations; these are verbal statements and/or actions that inaccurately describe history, background, and present situations. Such “honest lying” is distinct from lying because there is typically no intent to deceive and the individual is unaware that their information is false; disorientation to place and time, difficulty making small decisions.
Dr. Maureen Nash
Geriatric Psychiatry 24 years experience
Memory problems: Alzheimers is the most common type of dementia. First there is trouble forming a memory and ultimately an inability to form a new memory. Word finding problems and trouble paying bills, driving safely, and making decisions follows. Frontotemporal lobe dementia often presents with personality change or trouble with using language. Lewy body dementia presents with visual hallucinations.