U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Burke, VA
A 33-year-old male asked:

For the past 3+ years randomly i get a red soft big pimple/sore on inside of leg. doc says abscess. could that be true? it hurts when it comes and sta

3 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Oscar Novick
Pediatrics 58 years experience
Big red pimple: If it is an abscess, after three years it is time to treat it with an incision ,drainage and antibiotics
Dr. Phuong Trinh
A Verified Doctoranswered
undefined 41 years experience
Sebaceous cyst: A recurrent lesion in the same location probably would be a inflamed sebaceous or epidermoid cyst. If it keeps bothering u then I would have it excised. An abscess would be very painful and need surgical drainage and/ or antibiotics directed against staph
Dr. David Voron
Dermatology 51 years experience
Yes: If so, an oral antibiotic may be helpful.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Aug 30, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.