can you eat honey nut cheerios while pregnant?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Christine Norton
Yes: Infants should not have honey for the first year but after that as long as they are not allergic to it it is fine. Your body processes the food before it gets to your unborn child. Also honey nut Cheerios does not really have much if any raw honey in it. The only thing you should worry about with honey nut Cheerios is the sugar content and risk of diabetes if you continue to eat too much sugar.
Answered on May 20, 2018
1
Dr. Elizabeth Wallen
34 years experience Pediatrics
Of course: Why wouldn't you be able to?
Answered on Aug 15, 2014
1
1
Dr. Jeffrey Juchau
You may be thinking of not being able to give honey to your child in the first year of life do to the risk of infant botulism, even then you could give them this because it is cooked honey.
Aug 15, 2014