United Kingdom

I'm from the uk & having laparoscopic surgery to remove my gallbladder. will they let me keep my gallstone?

Dr. Ankush Bansal
Perhaps: You can request it but I'm not sure if it's always possible. Because the gallstones are a primary reason for the surgery, the removed gallbladder and gallstones are sent to the pathologist for examination. Hopefully, they keep the gallstones after analysis so they can give it to you, especially if there are multiple stones. At least one stone will be broken so they can analyze it. Just ask the dr.

Last updated Aug 14, 2014