I've built up tolerance to my prescribed 60mg daily of adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) xr and i'm a little worried. should i ask the doc to increase or continue w/ this dose?

Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology 37 years experience
Already above max: It is not unusually higher, but your 60mg is already more than the recommended 40mg/day for adults. Paradoxically, iIt's possible that you could even do better on a lower dose. Read this and ask your provider (psychiatrist, I hope): http://www.healthboards.com/boards/4025373-post4.html Please do not just ask a PCP to increase over recommended doses. It's not fair to either of you. Best!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 19, 2015