A 26-year-old male asked:

Tightness/pain in lower abdomen below belly button and slightly to the right. feels like theres a slight lump about 2 inches from hip bone.

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Traci-lyn Eisenberg
12 years experience
Needs evaluation: You need to be evaluated by a physician promptly. This is the area where you can have pain with appendicitis, which can rupture if not treated in an appropriate time. It can be something non urgent, but you need to be evaluated by a physician soon. Take care.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 24, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.