Norge
A 33-year-old female asked about a 36-year-old male:

my fiance have pain behind one knee, and feeling some numbness down the leg and under it. he has been kneeling for a while on hard surface today. ?

Dr. Vikram Patel
Pain Management 37 years experience
Popliteal fossa: The area behind the knee is called the popliteal fossa and the nerve supplying the foot (sciatic) is right there. Sometimes people develop a cyst in the knee that can protrude in the back of the knee and compress the sciatic nerve branches. You should get evaluated by an orthopedic surgeon who can get an MRI and advise. The nerve symptoms deserve prompt attention. Good luck
Dr. Samantha Maplethorpe
Knee pain: I agree with Dr. Patel. You should have him evaluated. Since he likely won't need surgery before other conservative treatments are used, it would also be fine to start with an evaluation by your Family Physician.

Last updated Sep 26, 2016