Im worried about my best friend ive noticed she lost a lot of weight & she's always so tired she also has frequent nose bleeds & bruises all over?help

4 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Adil Roomi answered

Specializes in Emergency Medicine

Needs check up: there are a lot of possibilities from throid to bone marrow problems to infections. She neds to be seen n person and have bloodwork done.

Answered 8/5/2014

3.8k views

Dr. Glynis Ablon answered

Specializes in Dermatology

I would be concerned: as well. Try to talk to her and ask her how she's feeling. ANything going on, would she like to talk. You care about her and have noticed her weight loss, bruises...Hopefully you can draw out some information and perhaps something going on at home, relationship...suggest doctor check up, or therapy to discuss feelings depending on what she tells you. Remind her you are concerned out of love

Answered 8/5/2014

3.8k views

Dr. Ed Friedlander answered

Specializes in Pathology

It's her business: Encourage her occasionally to seek competent health care if she has not already done so. As with any other suggestions for friends, this needs to be done gently. Say, "You look unwell, I worry about you, is there anything I can do?" It is very possible that there is something she is not telling you. You cannot force a person to seek health care, even if you love one another.

Answered 8/20/2014

3.8k views