La Salle, IL

On my perineum i have a dark, hard purple vein? hurts when touched. app 1 inch long and in the middle a bubble that's app 1/4 in. is it cancer?

Pathology 46 years experience
Thrombus: That's my diagnosis without seeing you. If it's not better in two weeks, have your physician check it out.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. David Masiello
Hematology and Oncology 20 years experience
Hemorrhoids: This sounds like a hemorrhoid. You can try some conservative measures such as preparation H etc.. to see if it is relieved. If there is no improvment in a few days then you should see your doctor. While rare, anal cancer can often be confused with a hemorrhoid.
Dr. Carrie Giordano
Vein?: Without looking at it, it sounds like it could be a varicose vein, which can be common in the perineal region. It's best to have it looked at by your gynecologist.
Last updated Aug 3, 2014